Learn more about Raleigh Village East!
Aging in Place is a national movement to help people (aged 55 and older) join with neighbors to get the resources they need and the community they want to continue living in their homes as long as possible.
We have formed Raleigh Village East (RVE) to include initially Pilot Mill, Capitol Park, Mordecai, East Mordecai, Oakdale, Oakwood, and Capitol Heights as an Aging in Place non-profit. We are in the building stage, using the expertise and the interests of neighbors to create a vibrant community that can work and play our way through retirement.
Do you want to learn more and be a part of creating this Village? Here’s how:
1. Join Our Mailing List
Go to our website and click on Contact to give us your information, especially your email. We will not share it. We need to know who you are and how to be in touch. You are not joining RVE—just getting on our email list so we can keep you updated.
2. Get Involved
Look through this list of recently formed Task Groups and their chairs. These Task
Groups reflect the needs and interests identified in the responses to the survey we
sent to those 55 and older in our target area this summer. If you find one that
matches your interest or experience, email us. Not sure where you want to be
involved? Contact us anyway—we can talk about it.
1. Transportation and Assistance with Trips Out - Julie Snee
2. Health Care Home Services - Sabra Taylor
3. Non-health Services to Home (e.g., food, home repair) - Deborah Owens
4. Pet Care and Needs - Susan Bray
5. Technology and Computer/Phone Assistance - Linda DeGrand
6. Yard and Garden Maintenance - Terry Harper
7. Social, Physical, and Educational Activities - Cari Sipe Owens
8. Money Management and Avoiding Fraud - Jim Johnson
3. Learn More! There will be an INFORMATION SESSION on March 15 at 3:00 at Burning Coal
What? Information Session
When? March 15, 2020, 3:00 to 5:00
Where? Burning Coal Theatre, 224 Polk St, Raleigh
Look for more about this event and visit our website for updates.
Sent by Sara Stohler, Vice President of RVE. Please contact me if you prefer talking by phone or
sending a direct email. 919-916-9593 or email email@example.com